Enable facetime or imessage in hackintosh is pretty straight forward. All you need is 5 minutes of your time! And yeah follow this guide. 🙂
Hello! Before I begin I just want to credit /u/johnnyfortune for their write-up here. Their instructions were mostly correct for me, but I had to add a few extra steps that I believe others will need to include as well. This may only apply to those that have never used iMessage on their machine in the past.
Mothing has really changed for sierra. It is the same what we did for el capitan hackintosh. Here it goes:
As for the instructions:
- Open CloverConfigurator and mount your EFI
- Open your config.plist
- In the Rt Variables section, make sure everything is clear.
- Go to the SMBIOS section and click on the magic wand. Match the specs options as best you can to your machine. On the two sections that say shake, click a few times to generate a random serial. Click ok.
- Go to https://selfsolve.apple.com/ and search for that serial number that was generated. If you get an error message, that is good. It means you aren’t using a serial number assigned to a real Mac. If you don’t get an error, repeat step 4 and search for the new serial instead.
- Open terminal and run “uuidgen”.
- Copy this UUID and paste it in the “SmUUID” field in the SMBIOS section.
- In the “Board Serial Number” field, paste in your system serial number (the one generated by the magic wand) and add 5 random letters and numbers to the end to reach a total of 17 characters.The reason for step 7 and 8 is to keep your ROM (last 12 digits of the UUID that was generated) and MLB (Board Serial Number) values constant and unique on each boot of the OS. If the values change from boot to boot, iMessage will notice and fail to activate and there is potential that Apple will notice and blacklist your UUID, serial, or Apple ID. All Clover-generated ROM and MLB values are automatically blacklisted, as well.
- Export config.plist
- In terminal, run the commands:
- defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
- killall Finder
- Navigate to /Users/[Username]/Library/Chaches and delete all files or folders beginning with: (if there is nothing there with these file names, that is ok)
- Navigate to /Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences and delete all files or folders beginning with: (if there is nothing there with these file names, that is ok)
- Navigate to /Users/[Username]/Library and delete the folder “Messages”(if there is nothing there with that file name, that is ok).
- Empty the trash. If it says files are still in use, reboot and empty it immediately upon startup.
- Open up Disk Utility, select your OSX partition, and rebuild the permissions. Reboot when this is completed.
- The moment of truth: open up iMessage and attempt to sign in. It worked for me on the first try.
- If it worked, you can re-hide hidden files and folders with the terminal commands:
- defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
- killall Finder
Feel free to ask me any questions! I hope this is helpful.
Edit: As some users have pointed out, your primary network must be set as en0. You can check this by opening up System Profiler, clicking on either Ethernet or Wifi and making sure that your internet network is listed as en0. If it is not, reset your network preferences by going to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and deleting “NetworkInterfaces.plist” and “preferences.plist”.
Initial guide taken from: